[Twisted-Python] ANN: Twisted 0.99.2 - now with stable internet

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Fri Sep 27 21:23:04 EDT 2002

(this is short version of what I sent to comp.lang.python)

The Twisted team is proud to announce Twisted 0.99.2, which includes a API-stable version of twisted.internet, Twisted's event-driven networking core (like asyncore, but more so).

[...]

With the twisted.internet APIs now stable, we feel Twisted provides the best networking platform available today for Python. This also gives us a solid basis for working on stable APIs for the rest of Twisted's packages.

[... more marketing stuff cut ...]

What's new in 0.99.2

- Improved HTTP support - bug fixes, caching APIs

- WOVEN, a web templating system (formerly known as DOMTemplate)

- microdom, a very small DOM implementation

- An inetd server written with Twisted (coming soon to a Debian mirror near you)

- Switched to epydoc for API docs (http://epydoc.sf.net - it rocks!)

- RDBMS storage for the NNTP server, and improved NNTP protocol support

- Finalized process-running API

- Huge numbers of bug fixes and feature improvements, and better docs