[Twisted-Python] Release Process

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Sep 24 11:26:04 EDT 2002

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:22:55 -0600, Bruce Mitchener <bruce at cubik.org> wrote:
> Moshe Zadka wrote:
[snip]
>  > <glyph> for "this function".  christ, the error messages in this program
>  >         are worse than nothing

[ ... but also: ]
>  > ...trouble shooting...
>  > <_moshez> add swap?
>  > <glyph> Sep 24 05:22:29 pyramid kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 12109
>  >         (python).
>  > <_moshez> glyph: it worked!

> Bug reports, to Ed or to myself would be welcome.  We can't fix what we don't
> hear about.

Sorry that it wasn't clear from the log: this particular problem was
frustrating to debug because it was the linux kernel OOM killer.  Pyramid was a
very busy machine for a while and it would consistently kill epydoc if we
attempted to run it.  Adding swap fixed the problem.  Errors were "worse than
nothing" because they did not point at the problem.

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |