[Twisted-Python] Exceptions across connections

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Mon Sep 23 12:57:58 EDT 2002

Boyd Roberts wrote:

> I'm not sure where to start looking for this (or if it's even a good idea)
> but I was wondering about passing exceptions from servers to clients,
> say in the case of an error, the error is returned as an exception.

Persective Broker's Failure support does exactly that. Should even work
cross-language, though I have yet to implement Failures for PB Java.

See twisted.python.failure - a wrapper for exceptions that makes them usable
in a callback-oriented context (e.g. Deferreds), and the examples in
twisted.test.test_pbfailure.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python, Twisted, Zope and Java consulting