[Twisted-Python] epyrun failing

Moshe Zadka twisted at moshez.org
Fri Sep 20 10:42:44 EDT 2002

epyrun fails for me with:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./admin/epyrun", line 54, in ?
    cli()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/epydoc/cli.py", line 202, in cli
    modules = _find_modules(param['modules'], param['verbosity'])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/epydoc/cli.py", line 187, in _find_modules
    exec('module = %s' % name)
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
AttributeError: 'twisted.im' module has no attribute 'jychat'

I want to thank the error for causing me to notice that epydoc
has an unadorned exec (which is hardly necessary). This would,
not, however, cause the error to go away -- AFAICS it is caused
by jychat failing to import. A fix deep in the bowels of epydoc
would be needed so AttributeError would merely cause a module to be
skipped rather than the whole thing to come crumbling down.