[Twisted-Python] version control, QA, branching ...

Tommi Virtanen tv at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Sep 14 11:33:30 EDT 2002

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 06:11:18AM -0000, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> >  * BitKeeper
> > http://www.bitkeeper.com/
> Not free software. This means the Twisted team would bet its fate on the fate
> of a single company.

	Their license does contain that bit that if the OpenLogging servers
	go down for half a year, all the code becomes GPL.

	I dislike non-free software, but had to learn BitKeeper, and started
	to use it for some of my projects. Now, I can honestly say
	that with the exception of one single thing they are looking
	at changing, it is _the_ best version control system ever.

> >  * Arch
> > http://www.regexps.com/arch.html
> It's a mess of shell scripts and ftp crap.

	You could actually replace the ftp usage reasonable easily;
	I almost started work on that. You just need to implement
	a few utilities to move files, ls dirs, etc. non-interactively
	with e.g. ssh.

--