[Twisted-Python] version control, QA, branching ...

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Thu Sep 12 08:44:04 EDT 2002

> There are four new version control systems that sound interesting to me:
>  * BitKeeper
> http://www.bitkeeper.com/
> The most mature of the four (?).  Not fully free software, although I think i
> is freely usable for open source projects.
>  * Subversion
> http://subversion.tigris.org/
> Also relatively mature.
>  * Arch
> http://www.regexps.com/arch.html
> There is a nice comparison between arch and subversion somewhere on that site
> .
>  * OpenCM
> http://www.opencm.org/
> The least mature of the four, but the one with the most impressive
> intellectual provenance.
> I don't really know what the tradeoffs are among these four.  Personally, I'm
> continuing to use CVS for everything for now.
> Regards,
> Zooko
> http://mnet.sf.net/

Anders Qvist, quest at lysator.liu.se (the Project Lead for the Python-In-a-Tie
Snake Farm was looking at Arch, and still is.)  I think he actually started
chaning all the perl scripts to use python, but I don't know how far along
that project got. People whose opinions on elegance, beauty, and
usuability I trust have embarked on a campaign to convince me that
Arch is the way to go and we should store all our code that way.  Right
now I am too busy to listen, so I personally have no experience or
opinions, beyond 'sure sounds nice'.

Laura Creighton