[Twisted-Python] Twisted-Python digest, Vol 1 #487 - 14 msgs

Tim Lavoie tool_man at spamcop.net
Thu Oct 31 11:00:04 EST 2002

 [re socket timeouts]

    glyph> <jjn at kriln.com> wrote:
    >> Personally, when I was running high volume web servers, we'd
    >> tune down the keepalive timers to a fairly short interval to
    >> keep sockets from getting tied up too long, to prevent resource
    >> availability issues that we were seeing.

    glyph> Just out of curiosity, how does one configure this timeout
    glyph> with apache?

Actually, there are a few timeout flags which can be set in Apache,
depending on how specific you want. TimeOut (300 sec default) is the
overall one which fails requests with nothing happening. There is also
DavMinTimeout (0), KeepAliveTimeout (15), and ProxyTimeout(300).

  Tim  (aka Spudnik)