[Twisted-Python] web site error

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Oct 30 18:34:50 EST 2002

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:10:11 +0100, Christopher Armstrong <radix at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> Fixed, for now. Glyph mentioned this bug last night, and now we see
> the results of it ... The web server is leaking sockets. Anyone have a
> clue?

Well, it's not really leaking them.  As far as I can tell, the other end of the
socket isn't closing the connection, so Twisted just keeps it open 'cause
there's no timeout.  If there were a timeout, that would mean that proxying
certain things through HTTP might break.  What I'm wondering is why _other_
webservers don't suffer from this problem.  Do they have a timeout?  Is there
something else happening in Twisted that I'm missing?  This is certainly a very
frustrating bug to test for.  (After all, it's possible that this is some
impossibly obscure errno that we're not accounting for, too...)

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |