Patches (was Re: [Twisted-Python] Some comments on twisted.news)

Moshe Zadka twisted at moshez.org
Sat Oct 26 02:14:24 EDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Paul Moore <gustav at morpheus.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> OK, I'll see what I can do. What's the best procedure for submitting a
> patch? Can I post patches to this list?

Yes, you can.

>From the FAQ (in CVS):

I have a patch. How do I maximize the chances the Twisted developers will
include it?

   Use unified diff. Either use cvs diff -u or, better yet, make a clean
   checkout and use diff -urN between them. Make sure your patch applies
   cleanly. Then, send it to the mailing list inlined and without any
   word wrapping.