[Twisted-Python] reactor installation

John Kozak jk at xylema.org
Fri Oct 25 09:13:20 EDT 2002

I have a program which uses Qt and glues to Twisted via qtreactor.  As
of 1.0.0 (ish - worked with most of the 0.99s), it no longer
initialises, bleating that a reactor is already loaded.  The structure
of this program is mildly eccentric: as part of my "explore UIs in
Python" activity it was intended to have pluggable UIs in wx and Qt
(actual experience of wx dissuaded me of this), and so it perhaps
initialises the reactor rather later in the game than usual.  Is there
a way I can take control over, or at least debug, reactor init?