[Twisted-Python] dbcred and Firebird Incompatibility

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Oct 23 08:07:03 EDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 00:14:04 -0500, "Joshua Ritter" <ritterjoshua at msn.com> wrote:
> Firebird chokes in CREATE TABLE twisted_identities on the password column...
> by changing the name to identity_password it works?!?!?!?!?

It's almost certainly wrong, but the first thing that occurs to me is:

    twistedidentities
    identitypassword
       4   8   12  16  18

twisted_identities has more than 16 alphanumeric characters in it, whereas
identity_password has exactly 16.  Is this a hard limit in firebird, by chance?
;-)

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Travelling Sorcerer  |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |