[Twisted-Python] Some comments on twisted.news

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Oct 22 15:21:13 EDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 06:49:09PM +0100, Paul Moore wrote:
> (2) is obviously fairly trivial. I think I could implement (3) and
> (4), if it would be useful. I could submit a patch, which would alter
> the server code and the 2 existing backends (I couldn't test the
> database backend, as I don't have a database to test with, but I could
> test the pickle-based code). Would this be helpful? Are there likely
> to be 3rd party nntp backends which would be broken by such a change?

There certainly aren't any 3rd party backends yet, twisted.news is
still fairly new (and doesn't have any users, afaik, although some may
be lurking). I'd recommend implementing everything and waiting for
exarkun's approval (He may be a while, as he's visiting Minnesota
atm), but I really doubt he'll have any problems with it.

--
			Christopher Armstrong
		    << radix at twistedmatrix.com >>