[Twisted-Python] Lampadas, the LDP document management system

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Tue Oct 22 13:30:38 EDT 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:06:42 -0500
David Merrill <david at lupercalia.net> wrote:

> One system I know Lampadas will rely on extensively is the new
> enterprise.journal system, so I think I want to try implementing a
> journal-based service for Lampadas objects. Since journal is just
> getting off the ground, such a service would be a good test of
> journal's capabilities, and I'd be willing to help on journal
> development as well. Is there any interest in that?

Note that journal doesn't have to be RDBMS tied, it can work on in
memory objects only while still preserving durability ACID aspect. The
default RDBMS storage is tied to Twisted's row object/relational mapper,
but you can probably connect it to other object/relational mappers as
well.

I'd be very interested in people using it, and getting feedback and of
course code - look at the test code in latest CVS to see the newest
abstractions and utilities we came up with to make journal programming
easier.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python, Twisted, Zope and Java consulting