[Twisted-Python] Addition to twisted.python.logfile

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Oct 20 15:53:54 EDT 2002

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 21:59:52 +0300, Tommi Virtanen <tv at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> 	EW! A compression of a file has _nothing_ shared with the
> 	main execution context. A thread is just _so_ much the
> 	wrong tool.

As with many potentially icky things in Twisted, this is for portability... I'd
rather have it done once in a thread than done twice: once in a thread (for
Windows/Java) and once in a Process (for UNIX).

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Travelling Sorcerer  |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |