[Twisted-Python] Completely new to twisted - where to get some background?

Paul Moore gustav at morpheus.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 19 18:36:15 EDT 2002

I'm totally new to twisted - I downloaded it because I'd heard that it
could support being an NNTP server. But I can't get my head round the
documentation. I'm not even sure where to begin - am I a user, an
administrator, or what?

Basically, what I want to do is to set up an NNTP server which serves
out the contents of a series of mbox files as newsgroups. I'm guessing
that I need to code up some sort of "backend" code, which will fit
into the twisted structure somewhere. But I can't find enough from the
documentation to know where to start.

Can someone point me at some sort of "gentle introduction" to this
sort of task? (Or alternatively, let me know if twisted is *not* the
appropriate application for this!)

Thanks in advance,
Paul Moore

--