[Twisted-Python] Twisted IM fixes

Tim Allen screwtape at froup.com
Sat Oct 19 09:09:11 EDT 2002

Well, last week I submitted a patch to add some features to Twisted's
IRC protocol, and I mentioned on #twisted that I wanted to write a bot
framework for IRC. Glyph asked (nicely) that if I was going to write a
bot framework, could I please write it for twisted.im, rather than
writing it for IRC directly.

I'm not yet committed to writing a bot framework for anything, but I
*have* been poking around in twisted.im. Firstly, I found two little
buglets in the im code (patch attached). Secondly, it took me quite a
while to figure out the exact minimum I needed to implement to use the
twisted.im bits - all the example code uses GUI interfaces which
complicate things more than necessary.

I was wondering - would there be any interest in me polishing up my
minimalist twisted.im client so it could be added to twisted.im or
doc/examples or such?