[Twisted-Python] Re: nntp protocol supports moderated newsgroups?

Jp Calderone exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Oct 17 18:27:30 EDT 2002

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>    JC>   There's a "flags" field for this, but no support beyond
>    JC> that.  Should be pretty easy to stick in the appropriate
>    JC> checks/changes for it.  Would be glad to see it added :)
>
>Cool, I'll take a look.  Any hints on where to start (file names)
>would appreciated! :)
>
>-Barry

 Hmm,  twisted/news/database.py should have all the stuff it needs
already -
maybe makeGroupSQL() will need to be modified a bit so that
twisted/tap/news.py can tell it which groups should be moderated and which
shouldn't.  twisted/tap/news.py will probably have most of the action;
it'll need
code to let the user specify moderated/unmoderated to mktap somehow, maybe
with another --groups parameter, or with some indicator in the groups file.

Maybe it's time twisted.news got a *real* configuration interface :)
 I'll ponder
that a little (maybe something fun with woven), and if you(/anyone else)
have
any ideas on this, I'd love to hear them.

  Jp