[Twisted-Python] Re: First impressions of Windows downlod

Thomas Heller thomas.heller at ion-tof.com
Wed Oct 16 14:39:48 EDT 2002

"Andy Robinson" <andy at reportlab.com> writes:

> I really should be in bed, but I think I cracked it!
>
> There is hope.  The bdist_wininst command in Python 2.2
> does not include key changes added by Thomas Heller
> added on Feb 20th (rev 1.29 in CVS).  I downloaded this one
> and overwrote my existing copy and found I could add an install
> script. What's more, print statements even show up in the final
> GUI window, and you can make windows shortcuts.
>
> So, if you had a 'wininstall.py' script, you would do:
>
> >python setup.py bdist_wininst --install-script wininstall.py

I just checked in a new version of bdist_wininst with new features.
There's no documentation currently, but I posted an pre/post
install script for PythonCard to the pythoncard mailing list,
which can give you some hints.

You can use it on Python 2.2 and also on older versions to *build* the
installer, but you have to grab distutils from CVS.

Thomas