[Twisted-Python] Batch file errors in Windows distribution (0.99.4)

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Tue Oct 15 17:02:25 EDT 2002

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:49:00 -0400
Alex Levy <alexander.levy at tufts.edu> wrote:

> In the batch files installed by the Windows 0.99.4 package, the Python
>
> executable is referenced as C:\PROGRAM FILES\PYTHON2.2\PYTHON.EXE.
> This causes two problems, one of which is easier to fix than the
> other.

... sys.executable is suggested ...

The problem is that sys.executable is the Python on the system creating
the installer .exe, not the one where it's being installed. But the "run
script after install" Andy Robinson suggsted should allow this.

If I don't get a patch from Andy today I'm going to do my best to fix
the two issues with the Win32 installer (docs and .bat files) myself
tonight, so we can do 1.0rc1 tommorow.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python, Twisted, Zope and Java consulting