[Twisted-Python] First impressions of Windows downlod

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Sun Oct 13 21:09:54 EDT 2002

I really should be in bed, but I think I cracked it!

There is hope.  The bdist_wininst command in Python 2.2
does not include key changes added by Thomas Heller
added on Feb 20th (rev 1.29 in CVS).  I downloaded this one
and overwrote my existing copy and found I could add an install
script. What's more, print statements even show up in the final
GUI window, and you can make windows shortcuts.

So, if you had a 'wininstall.py' script, you would do:

>python setup.py bdist_wininst --install-script wininstall.py

I needed to do some juggling to get around your auto-building
of scripts, but it builds distros with that script in
and runs them.  I made a right mess of setup.py tonight
but will try to redo this again 'cleanly' in a day or two.

HTH,

Andy