[Twisted-Python] First impressions of Windows downlod

Moshe Zadka twisted at moshez.org
Sat Oct 12 01:12:20 EDT 2002

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, "Andy Robinson" <andy at reportlab.com> wrote:

> I would have done if it was included in the Windows distro :-)

I refer you again to my opening comments: we need exactly this kind of
feedback. I've given you workarounds :)

> If you include it as is, it still will not work on Windows. If you
> make them end in .py, then someone who ran the default Windows
> Python installation would just be able to execute them, but
> without an extension they will need to type 'python' in front.

Yes, I know.
I'm sure someone will work on fixing it (I can't, as I have no access
to windows boxes).

> Actually I will try to keep them slaving away on other stuff;
> testers for installation routines are only useful once, or
> maybe twice if they have really short memories :-)

I misread you to think they were going to be testers for our Twisted
documentation stuff, my bad. Which brings me to my next point: any comments
about the documentation (especially hidden assumptions we make and/or documents
which you wanted and didn't find) would be greatly appreciated.