[Twisted-Python] Five Crazy Ideas to Start Your Week

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Wed Oct 9 01:35:26 EDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 02:04:24AM -0500, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

>     pb://pyramid/identity:password@service#perspective

I was discussing this with someone, and they pointed out that this is an
odd way of doing things.  In HTTP, you do:
or even

Your reason is presumably because the username/password is determined by
the service, not the host -- but this is also the case for HTTP.  Some
paths may require authentication, some may require none.

I can see arguments both ways.  I'm not sure which way is better, but if
you are claiming similarity to existing URLs, you may wish to consider