[Twisted-Python] Woven feature suggestion - Error pages

Jonathan M. Lange jml at mumak.net
Wed Oct 9 00:38:09 EDT 2002

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to start on the wrong foot. Please bear
with me.

When writing JSPs (see, I told you), one of the useful things you can do
is specify an error page. If the JSP throws an exception, but fails to
catch it, the error page is displayed instead. Within the error page,
there is an implicit 'exception' variable that refers to the caught
exception.

>From memory, it is also possible to configure different web pages for
different types of exceptions in the web.xml descriptor (which is
where application-wide settings are kept)

In the past, I've mainly used this feature to have an
appropriately-skinned, user friendly error message instead of a stack
trace. I haven't found it useful for much else.

Something similar within Woven would be nice. And there's probably
scope to improve on the way JSP does it and make it more useful.

jml