[Twisted-Python] SMTP patch take 2

Anders Hammarquist iko at cd.chalmers.se
Mon Oct 7 10:44:49 EDT 2002

In a message of 07 Oct 2002 13:42:46 -0000, Moshe Zadka writes:
>> +    # A string of quoted strings, backslash-escaped character or
>> +    # atom characters + '@.,:'
>> +    qstring = r'("[^"]*"|\\.|[' + string.replace(atom,'#',r'\#') + r'@
>.,:])+'
>
>Oh, wow. Maybe have some unit tests for the correctness of the regular
>expressions :)

Actually, no. The unit test should be checking if the stuff gets parsed
correctly in Address(), do_MAIL() and do_RCPT(). I don't really care if
the regexps are right, as long as the results from where they are used
are right. Though hopefully that would indicate that the regexp is right
as well ;-)

I think it's time for an update of twisted.test.test_smtp.

/Anders

Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko at cd.chalmers.se
Physics student, Chalmers University of Technology, | Hem: +46 31 88 48 50