[Twisted-Python] usage.Options

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Oct 4 06:00:18 EDT 2002

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 17:26:51 +1000, Andrew Bennetts <andrew-twisted at puzzling.org> wrote:
> let usage.Options' __init__ take a **kwargs, and have it pass that
> to parseOptions.  It seems to me that constructing and configuring an
> Options instance at the same time is a natural thing to do.
>
> Does this sound like a good idea?

Some convenience mechanism might, but this one's broken.  If you want to come
up with one, remember that:

    * order matters (opt_ methods may require being run in order)
    * you can pass sub-commands
    * there are boolean options as well as keyword args
    * it would probably be nice to be able to use single-letter options too

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |