[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] How do I serve PHP-files with twisted.web? Answered.

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Oct 1 04:21:39 EDT 2002

On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 09:49:50 +0200, Benjamin Bruheim <grolgh at online.no> wrote:
> Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> >>How do I serve PHP-files with twisted.web? Answered.
> > This answer appears to be unnecessarily complex and confusing, when the user
> > could just do "mktap web --path . --allow-ignore-ext" and get the same effect.
> > (You probably want --index index.php too.) Is there any particular reason you
> > answered that way? :)
>
> Because it has been asked at least three times. :)

If the specific question is the one you're answering, then it's too complex an
answer.  If people actually want the answer you gave, then the question should
be changed :).

> Perhaps it could be changed into "how do I create a resource that serves
> PHP-Files", because the "create webserver"-part is explained a lot better
> other places.

Maybe it should be two FAQs, if indeed the second one is "frequently" asked
(which seems strange to me): "1. How do I create a webserver with Twisted Web
that serves PHP files?" and "2. How do I programatically create a webserver
resource like the one I get from 'mktap web'?"

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |