[Twisted-Python] async hostname resolution

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Fri Nov 22 23:21:20 EST 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:55:04 -0500
Jp Calderone <exarkun at meson.dyndns.org> wrote:

>   Diff for twisted/internet/base.py's resolve() function to make
> it perform lookups asynchronously using the new stuff in
> twisted/names/client.py.

Mmm. I don't like adding a dependency on an external package in
twisted.internet. And this doesn't let people replace the name resolver
with their own that does e.g. caching. And what if the reactor doesn't
support UDP?

I suggest instead a reactor.installResolver(r) method, where the default
one stays as is using socket module (with the DNS type fix going in
though).

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python, Twisted, Zope and Java consulting