[Twisted-Python] Continuing problem with woven templateFile

Alex spam at polynode.com
Fri Nov 15 19:46:47 EST 2002

When using templateFile for either a View or a self-templating Widget, I am
unable to include a directory name.  So, templateFile='tmpl-framework.html'
works fine, but templateFile='tmpl/framework.html' generates a traceback
that says the file doesn't exist -- even though both are in the same proper
location on the server.

Earlier, putting in a path would result in a different error; Twisted.web
would complain that it couldn't create '.tmpl/framework.pxp', rather than
creating 'tmpl/.framework.pxp'.  I'm not sure if that problem has been
fixed or if it's simply been displaced by the one above.

Either way, it's odd that template files should not be accessible anywhere
other than a site's base document path.

--
Alex Levy
WWW: http://mesozoic.geecs.org

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
-- Salvor Hardin, Isaac Asimov's _Foundation_