[Twisted-Python] Re: pickle apparently doesn't go with curry ...

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Nov 12 14:20:12 EST 2002

"Patrick K. O'Brien" <pobrien at orbtech.com> writes:

> On Tuesday 12 November 2002 11:06 am, Steve Waterbury wrote:
> > Twisted Gurus:
>
> Not yet, but I'd like to be one day. ;-)
>
> > I'm using the "curry" recipe from the Python Cookbook
> > (pretty much verbatim), and it appears to work fine in my
> > code, but cPickle isn't happy about it:
>
> The short answer is that Python doesn't currently pickle nested class
> and fucntion objects, i.e. those not defined at the top level of the
> module.

Unless something's changed since I last looked, you can't pickle
functions at all.

And this is a particularly hopeless case.  How did you expect it to
work at all?  Think like an implementer!

Cheers,
M.

--
  Darned confusing, unless you have that magic ingredient coffee, of
  which I can pay you Tuesday for a couple pounds of extra-special