[Twisted-Python] An unexpected interaction

Jp Calderone exarkun at meson.dyndns.org
Sat Nov 9 15:48:08 EST 2002

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 03:14:58AM -0600, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> > [snip]
> I just checked in a fix for this, as well as your test.  Thanks for reporting it.

  Awesome, thanks :)  I've just noticed something else; not really a bug,
but some unhappy behavior: pickled dirdbm's aren't "portable" - You can't
shutdown, move the working directory, then restart the application.

  Maybe it would be good to store a path relative to the working directory?
Or just store exactly what is passed to __init__?

  The only reason I noticed this is I just tried to move my pyn files from
test/ to run/ :)  I don't anticipate having to move them again, but being
able to would probably be a "nice feature" -- a persistence mechanism that
can never be relocated from its original file location is kind of silly.

It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to
students that have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential
programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of
regeneration.        -- Dijkstra
 3:00pm up 8 days, 1:52, 6 users, load average: 0.02, 0.07, 0.08