[Twisted-Python] question

lals;dfjsd twisted_low at contact.com.my
Tue Nov 5 19:44:19 EST 2002

From: Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:20:40 -0600 (CST)

>On Tue,  5 Nov 2002 16:54:43 +0800, "lals;dfjsd" <twisted_low at contact.com.my> wrote:
>
>> in the book to get the example for widget working it says that we have to do
>> a twistd -g Example and that this Example should be placed in a
>> ~/TwistedPlugins directory. This is not clear at all on a windows based
>> machine. Where the heck is this TwistedPlugins directory supposed to exist ?
>
>That documentation is ancient and probably incorrect by now... apologies for
>the UNIX centricity.  The old-style directory-based plugins were an experiment
>which failed.  Nowadays "plugin" means something a little more pythonic (see
>http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/plugin ).
>
>At any rate, twisted.web.widgets is quite out of date, gradually being
>deprecated, and not nearly as good an idea as we originally thought.  If you
>want to do Twisted + web applications, you want to use twisted.web.woven.

Okay if this is the case, can you let me know how macros is done using woven ? I come from a background of using zope and
'<span tal:define-macros' ... I really need to know how to do macros in twisted. I have tried digging through the mailing list and asking in the channel but couldn't get a straight answer. Hopefully I can get an answer ...

Thanks in advance.