[Twisted-Python] question

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Nov 5 04:20:40 EST 2002

On Tue,  5 Nov 2002 16:54:43 +0800, "lals;dfjsd" <twisted_low at contact.com.my> wrote:

> in the book to get the example for widget working it says that we have to do
> a twistd -g Example and that this Example should be placed in a
> ~/TwistedPlugins directory. This is not clear at all on a windows based
> machine. Where the heck is this TwistedPlugins directory supposed to exist ?

That documentation is ancient and probably incorrect by now... apologies for
the UNIX centricity.  The old-style directory-based plugins were an experiment
which failed.  Nowadays "plugin" means something a little more pythonic (see
http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/plugin ).

At any rate, twisted.web.widgets is quite out of date, gradually being
deprecated, and not nearly as good an idea as we originally thought.  If you
want to do Twisted + web applications, you want to use twisted.web.woven.

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |