[Twisted-Python] More strangeness with Woven

Donovan Preston dp at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Nov 1 10:44:07 EST 2002

On Friday, November 1, 2002, at 02:45 AM, Alex wrote:

> I'm finding some strange behavior:
>
> section = widgets.Div()
> la = widgets.Anchor()
> section.add(la)
> section.add(widgets.Br())
> section.add(widgets.Text('blah'))
>
> Here, everything inside 'section' is being replaced by the
> widgets.Text -- everything added before it is lost.  This seems to be
> happening every time a Text widget is added to a Div; everything
> before it is lost.

This is a known bug with the way woven handles generating subwidgets --
I haven't decided what a satisfactory solution is yet. I'll think about
it today. Generally, my solution is to not do too much work in a single
Widget -- just apply separate view= attributes to nodes inside of nodes
and let each Widget handle a single level of DOM nodes.

I think I have a simple solution that will make the above use case work
properly, though. I'll write a test for it and see if I can get the
solution checked in today. Thanks for the code.

Donovan