[Twisted-Python] Twisted Enterprise (newbie question)

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu May 23 12:18:20 EDT 2002

From: Steve Waterbury <steve.waterbury at gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: [Twisted-Python] Twisted Enterprise (newbie question)
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 11:36:48 -0400

> So I created a "runQuery" method for adbapi.ConnectionPool:
>
>     def runQuery(self, *args, **kw):
>         d = defer.Deferred()
>         apply(self.query, (d.callback,d.errback)+args, kw)
>         return d
>
> ... and now my script works!  (Has adbapi.ConnectionPool been fixed yet
> in the CVS version?)

You probably want to be using adbapi.Augmentation; which, curiously enough, has
a method "runQuery" ...

    def runQuery(self, *args, **kw):
        d = defer.Deferred()
        apply(self.dbpool.query, (d.callback, d.errback)+args, kw)
        return d

... that looks an awful lot like what you want :-)  This was taken from

    http://twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/viewcvs/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/twisted/enterprise/adbapi.py?rev=1.26&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup&only_with_tag=release-0_17_3&cvsroot=Twisted

which is not the most recent CVS, so it should be in the copy you have.

I guess that division seems fairly arbitrary, but Augmentation is designed to
be an interface to a particular schema, whereas ConnectionPool manages the
database connections.

HTH,

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Travelling Sorcerer  |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |