[Twisted-Python] Twisted Enterprise (newbie question)

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Wed May 22 21:41:47 EDT 2002

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 01:38:31PM -0400, Steve Waterbury wrote:
> Twisted Gurus,
>
> I'm just starting to experiment with Twisted, and am trying out the
> example in the "Introduction to Twisted Enterprise", slightly modified:

<snip>

Was that your complete script?

If so, it also needs to start the Twisted main-loop:
---
from twisted.internet import main
main.run()
---

[Or for the version in CVS:
from twisted.internet import reactor
reactor.run()
]

The Twisted Enterprise docs should probably be updated to make this
clearer, rather than assuming that people are already familiar with the
Twisted main-loop...

I'd suggest also reading "Writing Twisted Servers".  It's by far the
best general overview of Twisted we have at the moment, even if you
don't intend to write servers with it.

Let us know if you any other problems.

-Andrew.