[Twisted-Python] How should this mailing list be used?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed May 22 16:24:40 EDT 2002

From: Jeremy Fincher <fincher.8 at osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 15:46:15 -0400

> I'll be reading a lot of Twisted code in the next while, and will
> undoubtedly notice little things that might be optimized or tiny bugs
> that could be fixed.  Is it alright if I send mails to this list with
> those things?  Is that how I should handle things when I find those
> things?

> (As I mentioned before in the IRC channel, I honestly just don't have
> the time to make patches and test them and submit them, but I can
> generally find the time to make a note about them somewhere, and it's
> been mentioned on the IRC channel (by radix) that here might be the most
> appropriate place to do so.)

I do appreciate commentary on the quality of the code you're reading or using
in Twisted.  Small inefficiencies should probably just be ignored; if something
doesn't show up in a profile somewhere, then it's almost certainly not worth
optimizing.

We _do_ have a bugtracker that you could submit bugs to --

    http://twistedmatrix.com/users/itamarst.twistd/bugs/

A mention on the list (as the bugtracker still doesn't have e-mail
notification) should probably accompany that.

Be forewarned, though, that anything you perceive to be an "issue" with the
framework might be there by design, or too much trouble to fix.  If you are
going to suggest changes that you have neither the time or inclination to test
the impact of, they could very well be ignored.

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Travelling Sorcerer  |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |