[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] aaaaargh. the makeidentity test was FAILING, and we never noticed, cause Deferred catches exceptions in errback (this fixes failure, not the Deferred issue)

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed May 15 18:08:41 EDT 2002

From: Christopher Armstrong <carmstro at twistedmatrix.com>
Date: 15 May 2002 13:10:00 -0400

> So, we need two things for tests:
>  1) a single reactor that all tests are run in
>  2) an errback that we can attach to deferreds to make PyUnit show the
>     error (no idea how to do this one)

I think that we need a test harness other than PyUnit for running the tests,
really -- both to make it easier to run only one specific test, and to support
event-based tests or ones which can time out.

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Travelling Sorcerer  |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |