[Twisted-Python] Coil refactor more or less done

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Mon Mar 25 23:13:54 EST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 09:55:01PM -0600, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> Hey, andrew --
>
> Thanks for trying this out and giving feedback!  Coil does have a lot of
> potential, but we need to test it out against a large set of real-world
> requirements :)

Of course :)

I'm thinking I can find some good uses for it at work.  It is currently
geared towards configuration (and that's something I've got alot of use for),
but what I think I have the most immediate use for is status reporting --
statistics like "served n requests", "been running since", "last packet from
upstream data feed arrived at ... and had a timestamp of ...".

The sort of configuration I'd want to do is basically what you appear to
already have -- start component X listening on port 1234, and connect it to
upstream server Y on 9876.  I possibly also want to save configuration to
the registry rather than to taps, but I think taps are a better idea.

Say, is there anyway to do "offline" editing of the configuration held in a
tap?

-Andrew.