[Twisted-Python] Some Win32 comments

Andrew Bennetts andrew at puzzling.org
Sun Mar 17 20:46:51 EST 2002

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 09:34:05PM -0400, Tyler W. Wilson wrote:
> so, given 1 & 2, do we really need to do the setup.py? It should be
> noted in the README(.win32?) that users should either: 1) set PYTHONPATH
> to Twisted<version> and NOT run setup.py, and include the full path to
> im, mktap, etc, or 2) do NOT set PYTHONPATH, run setup.py, and still
> include the fullpath to the bin folder.
>
> i would also suggest that the files in the bin folder have the .py
> extension, so that on Windows we can associate them to the python
> interpreter, which would simplify things.

I'm thinking that the best solution is probably more like what PyChecker
does.  Basically, install the bin scripts into e.g. c:\python22\scripts,
possibly as batch files that call the original scripts, possibly as the
original scripts with ".py" added.  I've found it useful to add the scripts
directory to my %PATH% for pychecker, and so this (for me at least :) would
make things like twistd automatically available to my command prompt.

-Andrew.