[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] Small Updates

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jun 24 21:45:53 EDT 2002

From: Andrew Bennetts <andrew-twisted at puzzling.org>
Subject: [Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] Small Updates
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:20:55 +1000

> How does this differ from --file?  Is it just that you can do
> --module=ftp instead of --file=twisted/tests/test_ftp.py?
>
> -Andrew.

The difference subtle, but significant.

You can now do:

% runtests -t --module twisted.test.test_ftp \
              --module twisted.test.test_web \
              --module Reality.reality.test_reality

That last line is why I made the change ;-).  This was developed mainly in
support of twisted-dev.el.  I wanted to be able to have TwistedEmacs support
Twisted plugins with unit tests.  Also, to be able to run a subset of the tests
relevant to a certain task without running runtests multiple times.  (--file
currently can only be used with one file at a time)

Notice those -*- test-case-name: -*- lines starting to crop up at the top of
various Python files?  When you're using the TwistedEmacs development setup
(twisted-dev.el now in TwistedEmacs CVS), you can push F9 and get a
context-dependent unit test depending on which file you're editing, as well as
jumping to lines in tracebacks that occurr as if they were compiler errors.

(Any vimmers want to write something similar? ^_^)

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |