[Twisted-Python] Using Twisted for a clustering library.

Patrick B. Day uf069 at victoria.tc.ca
Wed Jun 12 17:27:08 EDT 2002

I've been working on a cluster library for MOSIX and I've noticed that
parts could possibly be replaced with some Twisted stuff.

Briefly what I need to be able to do is the following:
o Have the server spawn off client processes and communicates with them
using IPC.
o The client process waits for a task to arrive from the server and
replies back to the server with the results of the complete task.
o The server sends tasks to available clients then waits for a client to
repond, sends the now idle client the next task and finally handles the
response.

After browsing through the Twisted source, I'm guessing that I'll need to
write my own Reactor, Protocol, Factory, Application classes and possibly
a new main module. Does this sound about right or am I over complicating
things?

Thanks for your help.

Patrick Day
uf069 at freenet.victoria.bc.ca