[Twisted-Python] Proposal: Make tax default, tap optional

Shae Matijs Erisson shae at ScannedInAvian.com
Sat Jun 1 11:08:20 EDT 2002

Donovan Preston <dp at twistedmatrix.com> writes:

> Startup speed is fairly important to me (not terribly, but fairly...)
> Here's what I suggest: By default, create both. Then, each time a tap is to be loaded, check to see if the modification
> date on the tax is newer. If it is, load the tax, and save the tap.

Hey, I was going to suggest that......
Just like .py to .pyc and .el to .elc (but .elc isn't automatic)
I think it's the right solution.
--
Shae Matijs Erisson - http://www.webwitches.com/~shae/
<radix> shapr: I think you *are* a purist :)