[Twisted-Python] AFactory

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Jul 25 02:59:47 EDT 2002

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 02:24:41 -0300, Zooko <zooko at zooko.com> wrote:

> I suggest that twisted.internet.protocol.Factory should be changed to do what
> AFactory does, making it so that my `updateApplication()' could use the
> standard Factory instead of AFactory.  I think it would be a
> backward-compatible change to Factory which doesn't require other users of
> Factory to change.

The normal idiom here is to have your "userapp" inherit from protocol.Factory.
The default "factory" implementation does set itself as an attribute on the
protocols it builds...

Is there any reason that this doesn't work for you?

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |