[Twisted-Python] Adding Mime types using coil

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Fri Jul 12 13:55:04 EDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 12:41:54PM -0500, Lewin, Karl E wrote:
>    I'll do my best to come up with some!
>
>    Are there any "gotcha's" re: win32 I should be aware of?

Several :(

Processes don't work unless you use the win32event reactor rather than the
default reactor.  The win32event reactor is a little bit slower, and not as
thoroughly tested.

There's currently an outstanding problem where anything that calls
reactor.wakeUp, such as callFromThread, is likely to raise a "bad file
descriptor error".

Also, don't bother doing anything on Win95 or Win98.  Some basic stuff will
work, but not much.  Win2k and XP should be ok.  I'm not sure about WinMe.

Otherwise, it's ok, at least for me.  I'm using it quite successfully on
WinXP/2k at work for a variety of tasks.

-Andrew.