[Twisted-Python] Changelog

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Jan 13 13:09:57 MST 2002

Well, this was a surprise to me :-)

I just fixed it to actually be in Change Log format.

Since we've been back and forth on this issue previously -- changelog
vs. commits list vs. "Just use `cvs log`" -- I'm going to offer a
suggestion for the use of this file so it doesn't become the sprawling
monstrosity that some previous ChangeLogs I've worked on have been.

If you're adding a feature, detail it carefully in the ChangeLog and
describe it in detail, once.  Bugfixes, unless they're sufficiently
major to constitute functionality by themselves, shouldn't be described.

The ChangeLog should be a high-level, non-technical overview of what is
changing, to help users and developers figure out when they need to
upgrade.

This does *not* mean that anybody should stop writing detailed commit
messages to the mailing list.  Those should be lower granularity to
explain to other developers what each commit is for.

--
______      you are in a maze of twisted little applications, all
|_____|             http://www.twistedmatrix.com/