[Twisted-Python] twisted.enterprise docs suck

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Jan 31 18:23:20 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-01-30 at 09:21, andrew-twisted at puzzling.org wrote:
> Because the twisted.enterprise docs currently suck (i.e. I couldn't figure
> it out without help :), I decided to write a small tutorial that should
> hopefully explain things a bit better.

Thank you VERY much!  Anybody else out there want to write some
tutorials?

> I've put a copy up at http://poetry.puzzling.org/twisted_db.html.  I'd
> appreciate any feedback anyone has, in particular:
>   * Have I stuffed up anything major?

Not really, the example looks nice 'n' simple, illustrating that ADBAPI
is not a very big API at all :)

>   * Is my terminology ok (e.g. "...dispatch queries to your ConnectionPool...")

Sounds fine to me.

>   * Am I demonstrating "best practice" use of twisted.enterprise, or should
>     I be structuring my code differently?

There is one slight modification I'd make.  Typically, a method that
calls runOperation will return its result, since presumably you are
writing external code that uses the service and expects some way to hook
into results being available :-).

> If someone wants to place this (or an edited version of it) on
> twistedmatrix.com, or distribute it with Twisted, or both, they are welcome.

Will do.  We've got lots of docs to write, and we'll integrate these as
soon as I have some time.  Thanks for relieving a bit of that burden!

--
"Cannot stand to be one of many -- I'm not what they are."
        -Guster, "Rocketship"