[Twisted-Python] Building Clients with Twisted ... and a gopher protocol.

Doobee R. Tzeck drt at un.bewaff.net
Thu Feb 14 19:28:34 EST 2002

I'm trying to build a non interactive client app with
twisted. Let's assume it is a webcrawler. I'm not sure how to do
that. Might be like this:

Create a Loop Object which checks if the desired number of
connections are running and if not create new ones an add them as

Or should I rip out application.run() and write my own look to
better handle the starting of new crawlers?

Any suggestion would be welcome.

To get a first experience with twisted I hacked a gopher
protocol. Nothing fancy, nothing finished but any comments will
be welcome.

teenage mutant ninja hero coders from da c0re - http://c0re.jp/
me                                  - http://koeln.ccc.de/~drt/