[Twisted-Python] twisted.web problem on FreeBSD 4.7

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Fri Dec 27 14:09:45 EST 2002

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, Jp Calderone <exarkun at intarweb.us> wrote:

>   I can't load www.moshez.org at the moment (dunno why)

Power failure, apparently. It should be back up

> but, if I'm not
> mistaken, there's a link to Moshe's twisted-web, which is some sort of t.web
> configurator, and may be more along the lines of what you're looking for.

Unlikely.

A. t-w is on tm.com, as are all of my twisted-related stuff:
   http://twistedmatrix.com/users/moshez/apt/
B. t-w is a Debian specific package. I believe the OP was using FreeBSD
C. t-w is not a "twisted-web configurator": it's a flexible configuration
   system for Twisted-Web, where I do all the non-portable stuff (like
   determining file placement and put /etc/init.d scripts). If the OP
   wants to switch to the One True OS, I believe t-w is perfectly usable
   with the last Twisted alphas (it won't work with 1.0.1 or below).

> Perhaps he can elaborate on it a bit.

I can.