[Twisted-Python] twisted.web problem on FreeBSD 4.7

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Fri Dec 27 10:00:33 EST 2002

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 11:59:36PM -0800, douglas savitsky wrote:
> [snip]
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/twisted/coil/plugins/names.py", line 21, in ?
>     from twisted.names import dns
> ImportError: cannot import name dns
>
> Is there an easy way around this?

  Man, we really messed this up :)  The coil stuff should have been removed,
but a few nasty things slipped by and got into the release.
twisted.names.dns no longer exists; one solution is to remove all the code
referring to it from various locations, mainly plugins.tml.  As Moshe
pointed out in his response, though, coil is somewhat defunct :)   You
probably won't be able to do much useful with it even once it works.

  I can't load www.moshez.org at the moment (dunno why) but, if I'm not
mistaken, there's a link to Moshe's twisted-web, which is some sort of t.web
configurator, and may be more along the lines of what you're looking for.
Perhaps he can elaborate on it a bit.

 Jp

--
"Minerals are inexhaustible and will never be depleted. A stream of
investment creates additions to proved reserves, a very large in-ground