[Twisted-Python] usage of sessions in twisted.web?

Steve Waterbury waterbug at beeblebrox.gsfc.nasa.gov
Sat Dec 21 12:26:04 EST 2002

Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> I'm just wondering how many of you out there are using sessions currently, and
> in what capacity, to see what upgrade path, if any, I should provide.

We are not using sessions yet, but plan to in the near future.
Currently we are using the twisted xmlrpc for communication
to our GUI client (developed using wxPython), but we also
plan to have a browser interface (almost certainly using Woven),
a SOAP interface, and quite possibly others (e.g., PB and/or
CORBA).  Do you plan to make your new Sessions implementation
general enough to support all of these?  (Given your usual
sound architectural principles, I would expect so, but you
might have practical reasons to make it more specific, so just
thought I'd ask. :^)

Cheers,
-- Steve.